The conference will be a mixture of plenary sessions, presentations, site visits and social experiences
Day 1. Tuesday 10 September – Green Event and “Starling magic”
Welcome reception at the City Hall Square – Rådhuspladsen – in Copenhagen.
The square will be transformed into a nature- and adventure playground that will stay active and develop during the entire conference.
Dinner shared in `small groups´ at different restaurants around Copenhagen.
Day 2. Wednesday 11 September - Conference Opening and site visits in Copenhagen
Welcome to the conference by the two Ministers Mrs. Ida Auken and Mrs. Christine Antorini.
Speakers: Tim Gill, Theresa Schilhab and Märit Jansson
Afternoon. Four parallel tours in Copenhagen to choose from:
- Danish playground inventions 1943 – 2013
- School Gardens and Forest Preschools
- The Environmental School at the Sound and Kløvermarken Nature Base
- The Energy- and Water Science Center
Get-together dinner around a bonfire and a guided tour at The Nature Centre Amager and land art playground Himmelhoj
Day 3. Thursday 12 September – Malmö, Sweden
Four parallel tours in Malmö to choose from:
- Gardening as a pedagogical tool and Green School Grounds
- Green Schoolgrounds and outdoor education in Lund
- Nature – Adventure in the City fringe
- Sea life for children in Malmö
Festive dinner in Copenhagen
Day 4. Friday 13 September - Presentations, group discussions and closing ceremony in Copenhagen
Speakers: Catharine Ward Thompson, Elisabeth Millqvist and Olav B. Lysklett
Group discussions and Plenary session including a general discussion about your opportunities for implementing nature-based initiatives for children in your own organization/home country.
- Which challenges do you meet?
- Do you feel inspired and well-prepared after this conference?
- Is there a particular ‘Nordic way’ of connecting children with nature and if so, can it become more widespread?
Closing ceremony at Copenhagen City Hall Square. Here you will get a special souvenir to bring home as well as one of the famous City Hall pancakes.